[an error occurred while processing this directive]
"Welcome everybody to ÔRaw IS WarÕ!  TonightÕs main event is Sting verses
Shawn Michaels for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship.  Before we begin,
here is a little information on the challenger, Sting," announced Vince
"He hails from Death Valley, California.  At 7 feet tall and over 300
pounds, he is the biggest wrestler in the WWF.  He is the ÔMan from the dark
sideÕ," Jim Ross stated.
"Ladies and Gentlemen..... here is your challenger........ Sting!"
The crowd cheers as Sting walks down the ramp.  He is stopped at the bottom
of the ramp to be interviewed by Gene Oakerland.  "Sting, if I can ask you
one question.  Why do you want the title so badly?"  " Well Gene, ever since
I was a child, the championship belt has been held by disrespecting
degenerates.  I feel itÕs time for a real champion get the belt.  That is
why IÕm here, IÕm the peopleÕs cham....."
Before sting could finish his sentence he is attacked by HHH.  HHHÕs partner
distracted the referee long enough for him to deliver the devastating
ÔPiledriverÕ.  With StingÕs head exposed, HHH drops to the ground and drives
StingÕs exposed head on the cement floor.  The force was enough to break his
neck.  Sting was knocked out from the force of the impact.  When he awoke,
he was in an ambulance.
"Where am I?  Somebody please tell me where I am," Sting pleaded.  The
paramedic treated him to calm down.  "I canÕt move!  I canÕt move" he would
It took about half an hour to Sharp Hospital.  Two doctors were waiting for
him when he arrived.  The immediately took him to the operating room.  It
was here that Sting found out that he had suffered a broken spine.  The
doctor ordered an experimental operation.  It was a highly dangerous
operation.  One mess up could kill the superstar.  It took five hours to
complete the difficult operation.  Sting was wheeled into his private room.
To make him feel more at home, the room was decorated with WWF merchandise.
When Sting woke up, he had a sharp pain in his neck.  The doctor gave him
some medicine to help.  It worked a little bit.  About three hours after he
woke up, a doctor came in and told him that he probably never be able to
wrestle again.  Sting heart sunk.  He didnÕt want to hear that.  It was
about seven in the morning when Sting went to sleep.  It had been nearly ten
hours since he arrived at the hospital.
For the first two months, all he did was sleep.  The medicine they were
giving him making him very sleepy.  When he was awake, he would move his
hand a little.  The slight movement of his hands made the doctors extremely
happy.  They now were sure that he wasnÕt paralyzed.  It took him another
fours months before he could move his arm perfectly.  With the confidence he
had gained, he tried to walk out of bed.  As soon as he was off the bed, he
feel flat on his face.
Sting was soon transferred to the San Diego Rehabilitation Center .  For the
first few months, he would just sit in bed thinking of ways to get back
HHH.  One Sunday, he happened to watch church on t.v.  He saw a man who
claimed that God cured him of paralysis.  Sting started to pray immediately.
"Dear Lord, ItÕs me Sting.  I know you are really busy and all but if you
could, I would really like to wrestle again.  Amen."
Sting recited this prayer for the next two weeks.  On the fifteenth day, he
tried to move his feet
Search For:
Free Essays – Free Term Papers – Free Book Reports